MASONRY / CONCRETE CUTTING CHAINSAW (Concrete Chainsaw, Bar Saw and Associated Tools and Equipment) SAFETY TRAINING
Training and assessments conducted by A Plus Training Solutions, holder of
Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40110 & TAA40104) for assessment against:
AQF Unit of Competency:
RIISAM204D Operate Small Plant and Equipment:
Concrete Chainsaw and Associated Tools and Equipment
Provide participants with the knowledge and skill to:
1. Safely cut masonry / concrete using a hand held concrete cutting chainsaw. (Bar Saw, concrete chainsaw, wet chainsaw and associated tools and equipment)
2. Apply recommended cutting techniques as per Worksafe WA Code of practice "Concrete and Masonry Cutting and Drilling" 2010 and AQF Unit of Competency.
3. 3. Safely perform appropriate set up, maintenance and clean down tasks correctly
Recognition of Training
A Statement of Attainment to RIISAM204D Operate Small Plant and Equipment will be issued (by RTO # 0846) to applicants who meet the criteria required from the Training Package. This may require supplementary evidence in the form of a report from a suitable supervisor, or further assessment.
RPL Recognition of Prior Learning is allowed within the Australian Qualifications Framework: A Plus Training Solutions will recognise the fact if you have had experience operating and performing maintenance on a Masonry / Concrete Cutting Chainsaw, or other relevant industry experience. Participants will still need to do the full assessment, but may be precluded from areas of the training where you are already operating within the requirements of the guidelines.
- 1/2 - 1 day depending on prior experience of participants.
- Some participants, due to a variety of factors, may require more time to develop the knowledge & skills required to demonstrate competency.
The courses will be run in groups of 4 to 10 participants at a cost of:
$275.00 (GST Free) per person: ($89 (GST Free) per person after CTF Rebate if Applicable)
Eligible for CTF rebate. Please contact us to discuss your eligibility
Individuals or smaller groups should contact us, as we may be able to fit you into a larger group. Otherwise fees will be negotiated.
A surcharge may apply for work on weekends or public holidays
Travel and accommodation costs may need to be added where applicable.
- Personal protective equipment
- Hazard/ risk assessment and management
- Kick back and blade pinch hazards
- Identify maintenance needs (chain tension)
- Authorised pre start, maintenance and servicing of equipment
- Correct choice of equipment to facilitate concrete cutting
- Correct selection of cutting equipment
- Correct use of water as coolant, lubricant and dust suppression
- Practical application and skills development
- Correct use of associated tools and equipment
- Safe handling and Cutting techniques
- Clean down of machine and work area
- Complete equipment log - monitor, record and report any faults found
- Supervised written and/or verbal and practical assessment
Participants will need to bring their own PPE (personal protective equipment) including:
Range Statement:Small Plant and Equipment included in this course:
Demonstration of Competence:
From experience, we find that people have different levels of ability and experience when it comes to handling machinery. If a person, due to a lack of experience, requires more time to develop their skills, more time for practical application may be needed to increase their skills up to a competent level.
Depending on location of the training, and availability of take away food outlets, it is advisable for trainees to bring own food and plenty of drinking water to training session. Sunscreen is also highly recommended.